ADE 2021, Dubrovnik, Croatia, event overview - Official organizers AmCro Travel & ASTA
About AmCro Travel
AmCro Travel (ACT) is a travel company specializing in luxury, ultra-luxury and corporate travel. The business focus is on American citizens who want to travel to Croatia and Italy. AmCro Travel operates with two offices: New York (USA) and Croatia (EU). ACT organizes corporate trips to the USA for Croatian companies, to business "match" gatherings with the same and similar companies in America and vice versa. AmCro Travel is the official partner of the American Society of Travel Advisors for ADE 2021.
Rebranded in 2018 as the American Society of Travel Advisors, ASTA is the leading global advocate for travel advisors, the travel industry and the traveling public. Its members represent 80 percent of all travel sold in the United States through the travel agency distribution channel. Together with hundreds of internationally-based members, ASTA’s history of industry advocacy traces back to its founding in 1931 when it launched with the mission to facilitate the business of selling travel through effective representation, shared knowledge and the enhancement of professionalism. For more information about the Society, visit ASTA.org. Consumers can connect with an ASTA travel advisor at TravelSense.org.
ADE 2021 overview
- Held in Valamar Dubrovnik Hotels Lacroma & President
- 150 attendees / American Travel Advisers
- 120 Croatian Suppliers (B2B and Trade Show)
- The opening of ADE 2021 in Croatia was preceded by pre-FAMs, Adriatic cruise on Rhapsody ship and Zagreb-Dubrovnik trip
- Opening Welcome Reception was on the terrace of the Hotel Valamar Dubrovnik President
- The event was opened by Bob Duglin, ASTA Vice President, International Membership & Host Agencies and Managing Director, ASTA Small Business Network and Elinda Ravlic, AmCro travel CEO and ASTA Chapter President for Croatia, official organizers of ADE 2021. The Welcome was expressed by the Mayor of the City of Dubrovnik and the Destination Director of the Valamar Hotel, the program continued with dinner and the famous folk local band Lindjo with specific dance and song.
- General Session is opened by Bob Duglin and Elinda Ravlic, introducing the speakers in turn: Mayor of Dubrovnik Mato Frankovic, Director of the Dubrovnik Tourist Board Ana Hrnic, Director of the Croatian Tourist Board Kristijan Stanicic, State Secretary of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports of Croatia Sandra Herman, ASTA President and CEO Zane Kerby, Chief of Political and Economic Affairs Embassy of the United States of America H. Alexander Henegar. Representatives of American Airlines, Paige Teel and Derek Stewart presented the current and future flight destinations of the company. Representatives of the Hungarian Tourism Office have announced the ASTA Destination River Cruise Expo 2022
- Trade Show and Educational Sessions: Luxury, Wine & Dine, Cruising & Sailing, MICE & Leisure travel, Island Hopping and Adventure Travel provided in-depth destination information to travel advisor from experienced vendors
- B2B meetings were complemented by prizes from Croatian vendors worth $ 35,000
- Through half-day and day tours, participants had the opportunity to get to know local products and customs on the Peljesac peninsula and the Dubrovnik hinterland, taste excellent food and wines, visit the spots of the cult TV series Game of Thrones, walk through the famous Dubrovnik walls.
- The final evening at the 5 * Rixos Premium Dubrovnik hotel closed the ADE 2021 with a gala dinner and symphony orchestra with another prize from AmCro Travel to the attendee, One Week in Croatia
- The journey for participants continued with FAM Dubrovnik – Zagreb, via Split, Zadar, Plitvice Lakes all the way to Zagreb, Varazdin and Trakoscan Castle.
- The result of ADE 2021 in Dubrovnik, Croatia is already visible through numerous hotel bookings, trips and Charter Cruise Ships